Restoration USA: Preventing Fire Damage in Davie
In 2015 alone, there were over 365,000 fires which resulted in $7 billion in home damage nationwide. Most destructive fires start in the kitchen, bedroom, living room, or den. At Restoration USA, we understand how truly devastating home fires can be. We offer home restoration in Davie, as well as the rest of Broward County, repairing fire damage, smoke damage, and water damage. Prevention is one of the best steps to take in fighting fire damage. Our restoration professionals have put together some tips for fighting fire damage in Davie.
How to Reduce Risks of Fire Damage
Many everyday habits can create serious risks for fire damage. For example, keeping your phone in your bed while it is charging can be a hazard. Leaving the stove unattended while cooking, even on low heat, can be a huge risk as well.
There are many steps you can take and ways you can plan to prevent fire damage in your home. At Restoration USA, we have put together some tips for helping to prevent fire damage in Davie and surrounding communities. Our tips for fighting fire damage include:
- Regularly check smoke alarms.Smoke alarms are key when it comes to fire safety. Make sure you have smoke alarms installed in every room, and several in larger rooms. You should routinely check the batteries to make sure your smoke alarms are in working order.
- Make sure your stove and oven are clean. Grease can catch fire, so it’s important to make sure that your oven is clean. Your stovetop can be prone to fire too, so make sure you keep it clean. Wipe down areas surrounding the stove as well to keep grease at a minimum.
- Check electrical cords. Your trusty laptop charger may be on its way out, especially if it’s getting frayed or the cord is damaged. Regularly check your cords and electrical wires to make sure they’re in working condition. If they’re worn or frayed, replace them asap.
- Use candles carefully. If you enjoy burning candles in your home, make sure to do so responsibly. Make sure there are no flammable items near the candle. And, never leave a candle unattended when it is lit.
- Only smoke outside. If you are a smoker, make sure to only smoke outside. Hot ash can spark a fire quickly, so it’s important not to smoke inside nearby flammable items. Upholstered furniture is especially dangerous near cigarettes. Embers can still be warm, so make sure to only smoke outside.
House fires are all too common around the country. But, you can work to prevent fire damage in your home. Our restoration professionals at Restoration USA can help address water, fire, and smoke damage with our home restoration in Davie.
If your home has been damaged by a fire, let our team at Restoration USA help. We offer complete restoration services, helping to get your home back in shape. We can work directly with your insurance company to help bring ease to your home restoration process. Call our professionals at Restoration USA today to get started – Toll-free, 24/7 service: (866) 745-6428
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!